First of all is finding a semi-empty space to work on. Here is the space available on my studio table. Of course I needed to check my email first and eat a cookie.
This lampshade came off the lamp I wanted to re-shade.
It's a miracle, but I figured out it didn't have the right skeleton for this project before I ripped off the middle cloth part. If I had, I would have been left with a top part like this and a separate bottom ring.
Back to the lampshade holding area to find this lovely one.
I dumped out my bag of blue ribbon scraps. This was easy because of my ribbon organizing system I explained here.
Ribbon pieces were tied around the top and bottom of the lampshade frame.
Once I started, it was hard to tear myself away to get another cup of coffee. And I really like my coffee in the morning.
Done and happy! -- Beth