Monday, November 24, 2008

Quick Fix for Feeling Overwhelmed


This morning I rounded up all my holiday ribbons and made a home for them in this charming, vintage tin I found last week at the Goodwill. Boy, oh boy, did that give me a happy sense of accomplishment.

And I just got this box of stray ribbon pieces back in order. This is a common 66 gallon plastic storage box. Each color gets its' own separate gallon plastic bag. This system really works for me. I keep this box within handy access. As I acquire new pieces, they are easy to file away.
And when I am looking for a certain color of ribbon, I can lift out that particular bag and see all my choices at once. -- Beth

5 comments:

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

I love the organizational strategy! Simple and effective!

Amy

junkrescuerbeth said...

Those single pieces of ribbon can be buggers to organize. Hope this system works for you too.

KatCollects said...

Loving all the pretty ribbons : ) I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving. As soon as I am back on my feet, I will be back to the store to buy some more treasures!
Kathy

Barb said...

What a great idea for storing ribbon!
Thanks for sharing.
Now, if i could just get the rest of my things in order. =0)
barbara Jean

Jill said...

I love your ribbon organizer! I'm going to copy you - with liter sized bags ;)