I had this monster picture I found at an estate sale.
I spent a whopping $2.00 for it.
The frame was painted really lightly with white paint I had on hand. The other frame will hold a chalkboard.
Foam core and quilt batting was hot glued to the picture. Then it was time to find the fabric I had in mind. I've had a little fabric fetish in the past and am proud to report, I have limited my acquisitions to these 12 plastic boxes, organized by color. They are stacked in a closet. Of course the fabric was in the 12th box.
Here's the finished piece - ready to hang on our freshly painted walls.
The usefulness of being an organized packrat was totally reinforced by this project. I had every component on hand. Also, a make do attitude came in handy. -- Beth