Thursday, November 19, 2009

Silver Bella Swaps

The three swaps I participated in at Silver Bella were crazy good!

This is my haul from the Bella Feltie Ornament Swap – 16 really charming ornaments. And let me tell you – each was packaged as the sweetest presents ever. We had a color scheme to work with – cream, pink, aqua and some green.

The ornaments were given to us in these snappy bags created by our swap hostess. Imagine a grocery bag brimming with 16 handmade little gifts!

My second swap was the Vintage Papers Swap. I signed up for this one because it was labor light. I mailed some vintage papers to our hostess, and she created these lovely folders – vintage wallpaper stitched around three sides and adorned with a gift tag I am crazy about. I am so happy with the very wonderful assortment of vintage papers I received.

And last, but so far away from least – the Sweetest Thing Recipe Swap. Eight of us each sent two recipes, each on their own decorated page, to our hostesses. We had a color palette of cream, chocolate brown, and gold with touches of burgundy and dark green. I was stunned and thrilled to receive this beautiful keepsake! Our hostesses took this swapping business seriously. The covers and assembly were breath-taking.

A few sample pages from this book:

And let’s not forget to mention that two of the swappers gave each of us samples of their recipe as additional gifts!

This closed out the first evening. Workshops and vendor night recaps will be in the next post. -- Beth

Bonus: If you are inspired to create some feltie ornaments of your own, we just listed 6 kits from our own Felted Ornament Workshop on our Etsy site. Kits include felted sweater squares, bling, trims, templates and instructions.

9 comments:

Six divided by two..... said...

soooo pretty

Linda said...

Beth, the swaps are fabulous! Is it too early to sign up for next year?!

Beth E-R said...

This year the Silver Bella registration opened in April for the November retreat. It sold out in 10 days! And of course, to get your favorite classes, you want to be online the moment registration starts. If you follow Teresa McFayden's blog, My Minutia, she'll announce in plenty of time when next year's registration will open.

Beth

Sammy Girl said...

I agree with Linda ... want to go to Silver Bella next year (and maybe do some swaps, too!) ... how's that go .... oh, yah, mmm mmm good!
Hugs!
Betty :)

Jeannie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Silver Bella. Oh to be in Omaha with all of that creativity in the air. Have a great weekend.

Junk Exchange said...

very nice!

troy

Shell said...

So gorgeous and looks like so much fun!!

Jana and I were talking about going next year! Looks like SO much creativity in one location! I love this whole creative energy!

Can we (Jana and I) get together with you after the Holiday "hullabaloo" and share???

Shell

Beth E-R said...

Hi Shell -

I'd be happy to hook up with you and Jana after the holidays and share some Silver Bella love. You two would be natural bellas.

Beth

Deborah said...

My My My, Such beautiful things. I love all of the project and I think all of your swap goodies are so beautiful.I want to go to SB next year too. I was too late this year but i am definitely trying for next year.