Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sentimental about shopping bags


While cleaning out a hall closet (with a great deal of purging involved), I ran across this collection of shopping bags I have saved from our travels. I put the brakes on my purging progress! Is there anyone else out there, besides my friend bj, that saves shopping bags because they are sentimental? Every once in a while, I’ll part with one of my “special” bags to return a borrowed book to a friend. They rarely notice the bag. I am reminded that it’s only a bag.

So I have pared down my bag accumulation. I’ll probably go to junkers’ heaven still hanging onto my bags from the glove store in Rome and the tea shop in Paris. But if you’re buying something from us at the next Sand Point Antiques Show (December 6), don’t be surprised if your purchase gets put in a nifty bag. -- Beth

4 comments:

lulu said...

years ago Geff cleaned out my closet, and not knowing he threw out a life time worth of wonderful memories. I am still secretly pissed about it.

Eileen said...

WOW! What great collage makings you have there!

Eileen

AuroraSuzette said...

I save them too! I'll hope to get a good one if I make it to Sandpoint.

Six divided by two..... said...

Love the bad collection. I personally would use them to make a collage. I love your blog so much so that I am now a follower. I am the twin of Six in One Hand... Six Divided By TWo