Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Fun

I love holidays, and I love parades. Saturday Raoul and I went to Edmonds to watch the Kiddies Parade. Both of my "boys" (ages 28 & 29) live far away now. So this was a great cure for the empty nest blues.


My best photos were of the little girls. Guess I am missing that new granddaughter too.



Here is the waiting area for the kids with their decorated bikes, wagons, strollers and even a small train. Lots of kids and lots of excitement.


We arrived early to walk around Edmonds, and were impressed that chairs lined the street already.

And an amazing bonus to the festivities - J.P. Patches was the Grand Marshall!

Hope your 4th was tiptop as well.

5 comments:

Shell said...

I remember going to the Fireworks every year in Edmonds as a kid! Big fun!

This year I just did Doggie Daycare as my Black Lab went ballistic! Poor Baby!

Fun Pics!
Shell

junkermidge said...

Great pictures! It looks like it was a fun parade.
Midge

KarenK said...

I hear the chair place-saving thing is pretty cut-throat in Edmonds, with people getting up really early in the morning to get their spot. Looks like fun.

Beth E-R said...

On the chair saving thing - the people in front of us put their chairs out on the sidewalk the night before! I looked for my boyfriend Connor in the parade, but didn't spot him. Hope you had a wonderful 4th!
Beth

Today's Country Store said...

Oh JP Patches! Great memories! I can't believe he still does this! Hope you gals are having a terrific summer!
XOXO
Amy
www.todayscountrystore.typepad.com