Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sunday at Sandpoint

Hope your Sunday morning was as fun as mine was! Four of us did the early morning admission at the Sand Point Antique & Design Market in Seattle. It wasn’t as crowded as the last time I attended, and there were fewer vendors. But we enjoyed the extra elbow room and found plenty of good loot. Plus we ran into a bunch of customer friends and had a great time visiting with everyone.

Of course, a moving dolly had to be borrowed to get the biggest finds to the car. Here’s Judy, Colleen, Jena' and Lisa with two beautiful chairs headed to Colleen’s house. Jena' owns Barfield’s, (206) 226-1962. Her perfect tag line on her business card is “If you’re looking for ‘pots and pans’ don’t come to me. I have what you want, not what you need.”



Next up, is Lisa, Colleen, Virginia, Judy and Beth with the addition of a pretty blue shelf (hiding), Lisa holding her new plant stand (that she is turning into a table base), and a box of pink Christmas decorations extraordinaire found in Virginia and Frank’s booth, Home Shop.



A picture of all my loot assembled on a modest tray. In the spirit of “less abundance”, I bonded with small items. May I also add I was able to carry said less abundance to the car in one hand!


A close up of some very swell drawer pulls. I’m keeping my fingers crossed they are Bakelite. To the right of them a nice pile of watch bands with a future as components in bracelets and necklaces.

Vintage millinery flowers, several handmade.


And splendid small photos for some future soldered charms with an assortment of leaves and stamens in their original packages.



The next Sand Point shows are August 24, Oct. 12 and Dec. 7th. -- Beth

No comments: