Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Porch Perfection!

I got a bee in my bonnet to revamp my porch yesterday because I’ve recently added some fine red gems to my junk collection. I’m also a 4th of July fan. My suburban porch is gigantic, so one picture of the whole ensemble doesn’t work so hot.



Here’s my new red bike. A contractor friend buys old houses to fix up, and saves treasures he unearths in them for me. The bike needs a spiffy basket. Maybe I should go back to Provence to find just the right one?! The red metal box holding the flags says arc welding and has a great dial on it. To keep the flags from flopping around, I put them in a flower vase and stuffed the small poles in place with a rag.



I like this shot because it also shows how I organize stuff in big clear glass jars inside the house in my studio.



Here’s a close up the red gear – a perfect red star for the 4th of July.



And my favorite acquisition of the moment – a red gumball machine now holding a croquet ball.

We’d love to see how you have junked up your porches. Please share your pictures with us, and we’ll post them on a future blog. -- Beth

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beth, your porch IS perfection...it makes me want to come sit and visit a bit!