Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Darn Fine Morning for Junking



Here’s a pretty site – Lisa’s truck filled up with NEW junk. Finding this loot is one of the most fun aspects in this business of ours. And one of the most addictive! You all know what I am talking about.

You’ll be seeing these two beautiful blue chairs and much more at our upcoming Garden Art Festival at Bountiful Home in Edmonds on May 23. Lisa has been busy planting up all sorts of outside containers, and crafting some tables from found objects. I’ve been creating lots of new garden art pieces. We are really looking forward to seeing it all displayed in Todd’s backyard nursery area. Hope you can join us!

6 comments:

Barking Dogs Flea Market Style said...

Wowsers!!! That is an amazing haul!! I bet a few people driving past you wanted to pull you over and make sure this loot wasn't headed to the metal recycling so they could take it off your hands........

~Jennifer

creekside rummager said...

I just wanted to let you know how your book effected me. I just received it yesterday and hadn't finishing reading the intro and flipping thru a few pics when I was up and inspired. I'm preparing for my yard sale next week and was out shopping in my own stuff to creatively use things I had already. I have removed as reused 7-8 items already. Looking forward to reading your book if I can stay still . . .

Beth E-R said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for having us on your blog roll! It was pretty funny - when we returned to my house with that full truck of good junk - our brand new neighbors were outside. Such a fine welcome to the cul de sac view for them! The next day my driveway was filled with all of it as we washed it. I waved to them, and we got acquainted with a little chat. Bless their hearts, they didn't bat an eyelash over what we were doing.

junkermidge said...

That is a beautiful haul and I definitely know what you're talking about. Love your book and what you guys do and I love your blog, too! I'd like to pass on an award to you. Visit my blog to find out about it.
Midge

Ki said...

Not a better site than a truck full of junk! I have junk envy!
Peace,
Ki

Carole said...

Love those blue hotel chairs!