Monday, April 13, 2009

Another Room Transformed


It all started with receiving this beautiful wreath made by Linda aka Luluz.
I knew this bedroom needed to be filled with cream and this shade of blue.
Here are some before shots.


I actually liked the existing pinecone stenciling when we moved into our house 12 years ago.
My decorating tastes have changed a lot in the meantime.


Too much stuff! Time to edit.


The paper garland was the perfect thing to go over my bed. I have a big girl-crush on Pam Garrison and everything she creates. She borrowed the garland idea from Anthropologie.



Here is a closer look at the garland. Lisa and I will be teaching a workshop on paper garlands at Bountiful Home on June 20.




I gathered five of my favorite floral pictures, and rescued Aunt Iris' chair from a closet.




Still to do - painting this bedroom set a chippy, cream. But that involves emptying drawers and way too many decisions for now. Instead, I'll focus on how much calmer I feel in this room now. -- Beth

2 comments:

Barking Dogs Flea Market Style said...

Everything looks great. I love that paper garland. I'm redecorating my space at Camas Antiques and must find time to make one for my spring decor.....thanks for sharing

~Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I love how the room looks. It's fixed up and decorated quite nicely.

JD

lebizyb@gmail.com