Friday, December 19, 2008

Lisa and I are in a group that does a holiday gift exchange where everyone makes a little something for everyone in the group. So I needed 11 handmade gifts, and find myself scrambling this season to keep up with all the fun events.


I had made some tree ornaments for the studio with clusters of vintage ornaments, tied together with a metallic pipe cleaner. I visited a customer friend recently, and she had hers hanging on a door knob, which looked quite spiffy. So I created a larger cluster by stringing one large, five medium and one small ornament on a gold pipe cleaner. With a few twists, I clumped the balls together in the middle of the pipe cleaner and then twisted the ends together to create a circle hanger for the door knob. A foot of wired ribbon covered some of the twists and added some more bling. Done in no time! I even made one for myself. -- Beth

Note from Lisa: I was a happy receipent of one of the above. I am even going to press my decorating luck and use mine into Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Love the simplicity...even I could do this!

Amy