Thursday, July 10, 2008

Before & After

I had this idea to show the before and after views of a repurposed item I just finished. These days I cruise around my garage looking for components to transform into functional and/or decorative uses. I started with this shallow wood crate I “found” (it’s scary - I have no recollection of where I got this), added two wooden pieces from a treadle sewing machine I just took apart and a nice vintage hook. I attached things together with wood screws and added a coat of paint. We love those mis-tint paint bargains at the home improvement centers. A gallon of paint for $3, and it turned out to be the prettiest shade of more white, than green.


A shelving unit with plenty of hooks. Moral of the story – let your found objects tell you what they want to be. -- Beth

No comments: